I have tried a dozen ice cream recipes over the last 15 years. Some required cooking. Some required eggs. Some required expensive whipping cream or half and half. This recipe rocks, requires less ingredients and preparation, and is as easy as pie or ice- cream 🙂 To be honest, ice-cream is my weakness. I could fore-go all other sweets with this exception.
This recipe is an ice-cream base. It is good as is but most Yum-O when you experiment. See suggestions below.
I did this with our Keepers at Home group.
How to Make EASY homemade ice cream.
So easy even a kid can make it!
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (secret ingredient)
- 2 cups of fruit: some pureed, some in chunks
- 3-4 cups of whole milk or 2% (enough to mix thoroughly in bowl)
- 2 cups of sugar – recipe calls for (I use 1 1/2 c)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix all together well, then put in homemade ice cream container and fill with milk to fill line; stirring
- Start ice cream maker.
I have made:
- chocolate (use Bakers chocolate melted and/or Nestle Quik to desired color & taste)
- pineapple (use can of crushed pineapple with juice and all—–hubby’s favorite)
- Current favorite: coconut chocolate chip- (with coconut extract or vanilla). Tastes a little like Almond Joy.
- mint chocolate chip (use peppermint extract instead of vanilla &-Bakers chocolate- semi sweet chopped up)- ALL time family favorite.
*Best to eat the next day when all flavors have melded. But who can wait? 🙂
I would love to hear about your flavor suggestions!